Friday, April 22, 2011

Setherial - Treason [EP] (2011)

Setherial - Treason [EP]

Label: Goathorned, 2011




1.     Treason [A Death That Breeds Through Aeons]     04:58
2.     Warfare [God is Dead]     05:15
     

Okay, first of all I'd like to say, that I didn't expect anything from this one, as the album before it didn't impress me at all. Turns out I was wrong. Here we have one new song and a cover of Zyklon B and, while being very short, this EP is a great example of Swedish Black Metal.

Not much to say here, except, that it is a great work, as both songs manage to capture your attention and hold it until the end. The sound is very well produced (unlike "Death Triumphant") and the songs (or more like "the song") have thought out and followable structures (unlike "Ekpyrosis"). Sounds very natural overall and flows just fine, despite having a somewhat complex structure. The "Warfare" cover is done rather well, although the original is of course absolutely unbeatable. Made me think of DiabolicuM, one member of which, Sasrof, was once handling bass in Setherial.

Overall, it is a very solid work, so if you're into well-done (modern? I hate this word, related to) Black Metal, I'd recommend you to check it. Of course it's not a landmark release, but worthy nonetheless.

www.Setherial.com
www.myspace.com/setherialsweden

No comments:

Post a Comment